Essex is a quiet town of almost 20,000 people, with an attractive business district and exceptionally quiet residential neighbourhoods surrounded by farmland.
The community features:
- A full array of shops and services, including a No Frills, Canadian Tire, Shoppers Drug Mart, all major banks, chain and locally-owned restaurants and shops
- Public recreation facilities, including the Essex Arena and Sports Complex and the Essex Recreation Complex, including gym, multi-purpose rooms, lap pool, leisure pool, waterslide and therapy pool
- Public elementary and secondary schools and a Catholic elementary school
- Medical clinics, including chiropractor and optometrist, with full-service Windsor Regional Hospital less than 30 minutes away.
- Essex County Library
- Fresh farm produce and local wineries
- Many places of worship
- World-class birdwatching sites, national parks, boating, golf, fishing and walking trails a short drive away.
The neighbourhood is a:
- 15 minute drive to St. Clair College
- 20 minute drive to Windsor – the 4th most culturally diverse population in Canada
- 24 minute drive to the Ambassador Bridge
- 25 minute drive to Leamington — Canada’s “Sun Parlour”
- 30 minute drive to the University of Windsor
- 1 hour drive to Detroit
- 3 hour drive from Toronto
- 8 hour drive from more than half of North America’s population!