Essex Non-Profit Homes owns 122 three-bedroom and 5 four-bedroom detached single family homes in a quiet neighbourhood in the town of Essex. The houses are located on Brien Avenue West, Patrick Crescent, Kelly Street, Michael Drive, Kim Court, Queen Court and Milne Street South. There are four different styles of the houses. Back-split, Side-split, Raised Ranch and Bungalow. Having a variety of different homes lends to a very distinctive and attractive neighbourhood.
Each of these retro, 70s-style houses is unique. However they also have a number of features in common.
- Front and back yards (in some cases very large yards)
- Full basements
- Paved driveways for vehicle parking
- Mature landscaping.
Some houses have special features such as extra bathrooms, finished basements or garden sheds.
Rents and policies
- Rent for all 3 bedroom homes is $1000 plus utilities
- Rent for all 4 bedroom homes is $1100 plus utilities
- First and last month’s rent required upon signing a lease. These renewable one year leases are governed by the Residential Tenancies Act
- Pets welcomed, as set out in the Town’s by-laws.
- All units are in good condition and professionally inspected before move-in.
- Tenants take care of their homes as their own, taking out the garbage, clearing snow from walks, and keeping yards tidy. Professional maintenance staff and contractors keep the houses in good repair.